High School Plus Numbers and Stats
Numbers and Stats
- Over 13,000 high school students are predicted to be homeless in Massachusetts; sadly, less than 1 in 4 will graduate. Our High School Plus program has a graduation rate over 90% each year. Most of our High School Plus students are the first in their family to pursue a post-secondary degree.
- High School Plus currently has 30 students enrolled in college and 10 preparing for the spring semester.
- We are very proud of our students currently attending college at:
Sponsor a Student
High School Plus sponsorship amounts:
- $70- One Month Commuter Transportation Pass
- $100- Graphing Calculator
- $250- College Textbooks
- $500- College Dorm supplies
- $1,000- College Tuition Assistance
High School Plus Services
• Provide a personal discussion and assessment of the student’s needs and create realistic short-term and long-term educational goals for future plans.
• Connect students to college planning agencies or vocational programs.
• Assist with application process (including financial aid, SAT/ACT registration, letters of recommendation, scholarships etc.).
• Assist with items not covered by financial aid or other agencies such as: school fees, textbooks, housing deposits, transportation passes, school supplies, etc.
• Provide academic support and tutoring, when possible.
• Serve as liaison between the student and their college or vocational faculty.
• Connect students to resources on and off campus.
• Serve as on-going mentors to students throughout their college or vocational career.
To learn more about unaccompanied youth homelessness:
- The Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth